Since several teams were interested in the idea of turning the fast food model towards healthier alternatives, I wanted to put up a few links about Amanda's Restaurant, which opened last year in downtown Berkeley. (Yes, the People's Republic of.) It was started by a Stanford GSB alumn, and has received a great deal of attention locally. The idea is to provide healthy but good-tasting fast food, locally sourced.
East Bay Express Article
Restaurant Review
And a blog called feelgoodfastfood.org. After a little further exploration, I realized the blog is written by Amanda herself. I didn't find any sort of intro or mission statement for the blog, but the archives are rich with information that she has gathered about alternatives for eating healthy and what's happening in the fast food industry. It's a fascinating glimpse into the evolution of the business as seen through the virtual scrapbook of the entrepreneur.
I hope this stimulates some more ideas.
- Celia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment