I will be graduating with my PhD in Electrical Engineering this quarter and am planning to return to India with a desire to do something in the rural technology sector. I would like to engage in a work that empowers the rural communities in a sustainable and most effective way.
To this regard, with another friend, we are planning on traveling in India for 3 months, spending time with communities, rural entrepreneurs, bureaucrats, activists, among others who are already doing great work in India. The objective will be to understand, first hand, about the current conditions and trying to find something where we can contribute most effectively.
We have created a website that gives details about what we plan to do that gives details on places we plan to visit, people we plan to meet up and the data we plan to collect:
http://bharatdiscovery.
I would love to hear back any feedback from all of you as well as am open for requests for collecting any specific data as we travel which can be useful to anyone else in the class as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment